H. F & Co. Ltd. Sterling Traveling Communion Set, London, 1964/65
This is a rare and complete traveling communion set; it consists of a cross, pair of candlesticks, host box, anointing spoon, chalice, paten and pair of silver mounted glass bottles. All silver elements are sterling silver and made of heavy gauge silver. It comes in its original fitted box embossed 'J. HERBERT FREEMAN III'. There is a compartment in the cover to hold linens and prayers.
Ecclesiastical silver is quite rare on the retail market as most religious institutions usually keep their collections.
The Episcopal Divinity School was formerly the Episcopal Theological School founded in 1867 in Cambridge; it changed its name in 1974 when it combined with the Philadelphia Divinity School which was founded in 1857. In 2018, the school merged with the Union Theological Seminary in New York City and the campus was acquired by Leslie University. For more history of the school, see here.
This lovely service is fully hallmarked and in excellent antique condition. The height of the cross is just shy of 4 inches.