R. & W. Wilson Antique Coin Silver Paten, Philadelphia, PA, c. 1860
This antique paten has a sunken sexfoil center which shows some of the original gilding around the edge. The center is an engraved with an "ihc" Christogram. The wide rim is also engraved "Presented to St. Michael's free Church Germantown by Margaretta H. Morris, 1860."
St. Michael's Church in Germantown merged with Christ Church also of Germantown, in 1933 during the depression. Margaretta Hare Morris was a self-taught botanist and the second female to become a member of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. See her Wikipedia page here.
The Episcopal Divinity School was formerly the Episcopal Theological School founded in 1867 in Cambridge; it changed its name in 1974 when it combined with the Philadelphia Divinity School which was founded in 1857. In 2018, the school merged with the Union Theological Seminary in New York City and the campus was acquired by Leslie University. For more history of the school, see here.
This paten measures 6.125 inches in diameter, weighs 3.35 troy ounces and is stamped twice on the back "R. & W. WILSON." It is in very good antique condition with the noted wear to the original gilding.